Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Der Schwarm info....Wanna join post here!

+19
ffmike
ManWithAVan
60westy
taylorb
Zyrus
oldhuldy
Mr. Miles
snake666
56HAVOC
ztanos
jclo3313
fearthefat138
Heinz57
bugboy
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
buglover
Cambur
Muffler Bearing
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Der Schwarm info....Wanna join post here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Der Schwarm info....Wanna join post here!

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:36 am

hello new guy here in powder springs

Back to top Go down

Der Schwarm info....Wanna join post here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Der Schwarm info....Wanna join post here!

Post by Cambur Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:28 pm

hey fellas! glad to have ya on the site.

Im currently putting together a schedule for next seasons events. I'll post it asap!

Thanks,
Michael
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by taylorb Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 pm

whats up guys and galls, im Taylor and am in Canton and have been a vw owner for 4 months Very Happy I never knew this site existed! its awesome!!!
taylorb
taylorb
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Hey Taylor, welcome. We should have some get togethers planned soon.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by taylorb Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Great ill be watching for updates
taylorb
taylorb
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Der Schwarm info....Wanna join post here! - Page 2 Empty cruze the coop in Dallas

Post by oldhuldy Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:06 am

Anyone going to this in Dallas next Saturday? I can't decide if I should bring my 67 beetle or the 80 Westy that's still without the interior... Thanks all.
2nd Annual Cruise The Coop All VW Show Saturday March 2 2013 http://www.cruisethecoop.com
oldhuldy
oldhuldy
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 am

I'm already pre-registered and will be going. Still haven't decided what time to head over there.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by oldhuldy Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:32 am

I plan to be there the better part of the day, but there's no hurrying in an 80 Westy...not ready to camp yet either. This has been going on 2 years this summer..almost done (but then I'm an optimist) Here she is..enjoy and see you there, John in Woodstock

https://picasaweb.google.com/102361571090663609384/TheRebuild?authkey=Gv1sRgCOOVjvG44PbQVg#
oldhuldy
oldhuldy
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 60westy Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Hey all, name is Josh. I live just north of Cartersville and frequent canton quite a bit. I dont have a VW at the moment, (got a project to sell?),but have had at least 8 since my first one, a 67 montgomery ward camper. Can someone throw me some info on how i can join the club? If i can ever get some money up in the future, ill be back in a VW bus for sure!
60westy
60westy
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Der Schwarm info....Wanna join post here! - Page 2 Empty New here and Newbie owner

Post by ManWithAVan Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have a 1970 Westy and live in Woodstock. Looks like I missed a few recent meet ups, but I'm ready to meet up with some like-minded VW enthusiasts. I am currently breaking in a new rebuild, so won't be going too far very soon, but would like to know of any events in the area.

If you are ever in Downtown Woodstock, send me a message.

ManWithAVan
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-18

http://www.accidentalbarfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Welcome!  Look forward to meeting you at the next cruise.  I think we're headed to the Jiffy Freeze in Canton on July 13.  Details to come.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by ffmike Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi my name is Mike. My son and I have a 66bug. I use to have a squareback in high school. We just purchased the car a few months ago and we would like to join a vw car club. How do we go about that?

ffmike
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Alansd Mon May 04, 2015 1:55 pm

Hey all. I'm Alan I have a 78 911sc and just got a cool 73 THING with a 1.8.
I'm in the Woodstock area

Anyone going to Helen on the 16th?

Alansd
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Mon May 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Hey Alan. I should be there Saturday.
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Alansd Mon May 04, 2015 3:44 pm

cool I would like to meet some local Vdub guys.. are you showing yours or just driving it up..?

Alansd
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by 720boy Mon May 04, 2015 8:56 pm

what is going on in Helen on the 16th
720boy
720boy
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Mon May 04, 2015 9:46 pm

SoWo: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Sowohelengeorgia/
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alansd Tue May 05, 2015 10:24 am

looks like a good one...I plan on towing the Thing up to nearby town then driving it over. Got a tow bar. so that makes it easy

Alansd
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by iithekgii Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi everyone! I would like to join in the group with my '81 Westy, can't wait to get together with the other VW drivers!
Quick question, does anyone know where I can get a spare VW key made? I have a blank exact key that I bought from Go Westy and just need someone with the right set of tools to make the copy.
I also have a blank glovebox key that I would like to have made into a working key.

Thanks for your help and happy cruisn'!

iithekgii
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Alansd Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:25 pm

Welcome! There are some great people around here.
As for your key, seems I remember a locksmith around Woodstock who will do that. I had a key made for my 66 Airstream years ago. He was around where Fastenall is..might be this guy but I am not sure
http://www.louiethelocksmith.com/cars-auto.html

Alansd
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:22 pm

There's another I spotted near old downtown Canton: http://www.lock23half.com/

It looks like a small privately owned shop that can cut that key easily. They might be able to handle the glovebox key as well.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alansd Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:02 am

I think we might all be due for a get together again,. The few I tried to host in Roswell were fun but sparsely attended.
Anyone have an idea for a spot in Canton or Woodstock to show up and meet? I enjoy the chat and seeing what everyone else has to drive, VW or not.
My Thing has been a blast to own, can't believe I have had it 6 months already..
Any weekend except the 15th of Jan and the last Saturday works for me.

Alansd
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Der Schwarm info....Wanna join post here! - Page 2 Empty I want to join

Post by timbaisden Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:05 pm

I have a 1974 Super Beetle Convertible. I live in Canton, GA and would like to be a part of the group, go on cruises, and see other VWs.

timbaisden
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:24 pm

Hi, the Der Schwarm club is pretty much inactive now. There's a few folks still in the area that have VWs but we don't have club events any more. Most everyone has moved away from the GA Dubs forums and rely on facebook for information on shows and get-togethers. Look for the GA Dubs group on FB.

I try to bring a VW to the Po Boys cruise-in on Riverstone as often as I can. Hope to see you there!
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2